Our client in Mapleton, IL is looking for a chipper/grinder for 3rd shift hours
What’s in it for you?
• First shift 10 :00 pm – 6:00 am
• Sunday- Thursday
• $16.50 per hour ** Plus Bonus pay, Up to $200/day
• Weekly Pay
What will you be doing?
• The chipper/grinders purpose is to address the removal of excess material on castings.
• The removal of unwanted material comes in different forms such as sand, parting lines, fins, slag, burrs, rats, supports and other casting impurities.
• The chipper/grinder selects and mounts grinding stones and or burrs using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures. May also utilize hammers, chisels and various rods to remove unwanted iron.
• The chipper/grinder performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating the tools.
• The chipper/grinder removes and replaces worn or broken components.
• Ensures quality of work completed on parts meets all customer specifications.
• Ensures parts are being completed per daily schedule issued by customer
• Uses flashlight, mirror and sense of touch to ensure all defects have been removed from part
• May use various grinders to remove any defects
• Using a variety of hand and power tools
• May be responsible for the movement of parts in certain work areas using a forklift, jib hoist, and or overhead crane
• Ensures that customer defects are visibly marked identifying defect by completing handwritten tags or by using a paint marker
• Ensure the safety of your surroundings and the tools used are in good working order.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Must have own transportation – Cannot be on bus route
• Must have previous chipping/grinding experience in a Manufacturing environment
• Must have manufacturing/ warehouse experience
• Must be able to do heavy, physical labor for 8-10 hours day
• Good Attention to detail
• Ability to read & write and use basic math skills
• Must have good work history – 6 months or more at past employers
• Ability to work standing for long periods of time and work in a warehouse type environment
• Ability to wear a respirator
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. anything over is a team lift
• Must be able to work overtime as needed
• High School Diploma/ GED preferred
Why should you choose Manpower?
● Free training to upgrade your skills.
● 24 – 7 Manpower customer care support
● Weekly pay deposited right to your account.
Interested? Select APPLY NOW to hear from a recruiter within 24 hours.
Share this job with friends and family and earn dollars for every successful hire.
ManpowerGroup recognizes the importance of providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment by offering equal opportunity to access our services. At ManpowerGroup, we are committed to providing accommodations, and will work with you to meet your needs.