Our client in Peoria is looking for Mig Welders for first shift hours
What’s in it for you?
● Monday – Friday work schedule
● Weekly Pay
● Pay Starting at $20 per hour
Click or tap here to enter text.
• MUST HAVE MULTIPLE YEARS OF SKILLED WELDING EXPERIENCE – NOT PRODUCTION WELDING
• Must have own welding gear (hood, sleeves/gloves, STB)
• MIG and Tac welding most of the shift
• Prepping metals for welds
• Moving materials around the warehouse with assistance
• Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts
• Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding
• Determines proper weld requirements from prints, drawings, and other instructional media
• Regulates current and voltage for proper penetration and fusion of materials
• Chips weld splatter from parts
• Detect Faulty operation of equipment and/ or defective materials and notify supervisors.
• Lie out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combinations squares, calipers, and rulers.
• Controlling operations of equipment or systems
• Fabrication experience a plus
• Other duties as assigned
What do you bring to the job:
• MUST HAVE LONGEVITY AT PAST JOBS – AT LEAST 1 YEAR AT LAST 2 JOBS
• Must have STB
• Mechanically inclined
• Must have strong knowledge of how to use various hand and power tools
• Must be able to read a tape measure to the 1/16”
• MUST HAVE OWN TOOLS, FOR EXAMPLE:
• 1 Set of Wrenches-Standard ¼” to 1 ½”
• 1 Set of Wrenches-Metric 7mm-32mm
• 1 Socket Set-Metric 6 pt. reg. 3/8” drive ¼-1” and ½” drive7/16 – 1 ½”
• ½” Impact Heavy Duty (NOT REQUIRED BUT BENEFICIAL)
• Pry Bar Set (a real pry bar set)
• Crescent Wrenches: 6”-18”
• 1 set of Allen Wrenches: Metric up to 10mm
• 1 set of 3 Pipe Wrenches: 18-24”
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, anything over 50 pounds is a team lift
• Ability to stand on feet for 8 hours at a time
• Adaptability and flexibility/ regarding overtime
• Must have excellent attendance
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret production prints.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to find, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk; stop, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Why should you choose Manpower?
● Free training to upgrade your skills
● 24 – 7 Manpower customer care support
● Weekly pay deposited right to your account
Interested? Select APPLY NOW to hear from a recruiter within 24 hours.
Share this job with friends and family and earn dollars for every successful hire.
ManpowerGroup recognizes the importance of providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment by offering equal opportunity to access our services. At ManpowerGroup, we are committed to providing accommodations, and will work with you to meet your needs.