Our client in Morton, IL is looking for first shift Welders
What’s in it for you?
● Monday – Friday work schedule (some Saturdays are required)
● Pay $20.00
Click or tap here to enter text.
What will you be doing?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Working together with your team, assemble or attach vehicle components
• Position or align components and parts with vehicles on the assembly line
• Put together parts to build more complex units
• Read and understand assembly instructions and follow established production procedures
• Gather all material and equipment needed for your role
• Check output to ensure highest quality
• Maintain equipment in good condition
• Keep records of production quantities and time required
• Report issues, malfunctions, or defective parts
• Apply problem-solving skills in order to maintain a high standard-of-quality
• Produce to the Standard Operating Procedures, and clearly identify irregularities that may cause damage or inefficiency
• Suggest alternatives or improvements to processes for your team and other teams
• Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun.
• Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer.
• Starts power supply to produce electric current.
• Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of workpiece.
• Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
• Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
• Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal.
• Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece.
• Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
• Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
• Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
• Preheats workpiece with hand torch or heating furnace.
• Positions and clamps workpieces together or assemble them in jig or fixture.
• Lift up to 40lbs
• Tacks assemblies together.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Previous Manufacturing and/or production experience required
• Previous welding experience required.
What do you bring to the job?
● Ability to work well under pressure and multitask
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Ability to commit to full time hours
● Must have Welding experience
Why should you choose Manpower?
● Free training to upgrade your skills
● 24 – 7 Manpower customer care support
● Weekly pay deposited right to your account
Interested? Select APPLY NOW to hear from a recruiter within 24 hours.
Share this job with friends and family and earn dollars for every successful hire.
ManpowerGroup recognizes the importance of providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment by offering equal opportunity to access our services. At ManpowerGroup, we are committed to providing accommodations, and will work with you to meet your needs.